Sunday, May 1, 2011

Earth, Sticks & Stones

Earth Tones
oil, tissue, charcoal  on 8by10 canvas board

Herm

Weathered Wood
"We use the earth and its materials to create a life full of materialistic wonders, but we have lost an appreciation for the earth as a source of our spiritual development and the life of the soul. Oddly, if we want an intensification of spirituality, it might be better to become more intimate with the things of the earth than to build a self in the sky."
Thomas Moore/ The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life

4 comments:

Editor said...

Hi Marie,
Thank you for sharing this quote from The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life. If your readers and you are interested in Thomas Moore's writings, you may enjoy Barque, a blog dedicated to Moore at barque.blogspot.com. It links to online sources and interviews about Moore's work.

Caterina Giglio said...

I loved that book, it was wonderful and I really like your piece Earth Tones...
yes, moving away to MI my birthstate... fell in love and I and it is very bittersweet... xx

Carole said...

Hi Marie. I just found your blog today! I've enjoyed reading through your posts.

Unknown said...

Editor, very glad to use Moore's quote...his words are always an inspiration.

Cat, congrats & very best wishes. Looking forward to your MI posts.

Carole, Many thanks! Glad you found Cinnamon.