
You Can't Fool Mother Nature
Today is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and although it is late in the day I wanted to post a homage to the lady. I have made lots of paintings and digital images in her honor over the years. These days it seems that she is in dire need of our global respect and attention.

From A Distance
Altered photo of "Jeune Fille".

Embrace
This is my latest painting of Mother Earth inspired by a sculpture. Modeling paste gives it texture and dimension.

War and Other Human Designed Calamity
This was last years offering, acrylic with fabric and tissue.

Pray For Us
A digital collage.
Happy Earth Day!

5 comments:
awesome post Marie... love all your pieces and especially Peace, with the DaVinci? sketch? love it!
What a great selection of work.
what a wonderful grouping all honoring mother earth and earthy textures
Such beautiful and diverse works of art! -J
Marie... I see you live in Larkspur, there was a boutique there 'Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors' years ago, is it still there? -J
Post a Comment