Sunday, November 15, 2009

Backgrounds



I have been super busy the last couple of days. The Artist Trading Cards group meeting was yesterday at the Core Gallery in Denver. The theme this month was famous artists. I used my artists montage palette for one of my cards. It takes a couple of days for me to make the cards, (usually 70 or so), always a fun and engaging but hectic project. Channel 9 news will be doing a story on the group in December.



I have also continued the experimenting I've been doing with various abstraction techniques and mediums. The above is a large piece (30'' by 20" on heavy cardboard ) & looks like a big block of granite. I like the look and texture of it & even though it dosn't feel like a finished painting, I will probably keep it as a background for collage.



This is another piece that I finished. It's softer looking but still very textured and organic looking.



I did this one on a canvass "block" months ago and left it in the background stage until this week when I added the colored shapes & voila! an abstract painting!
I never know what I will be working on from one week to the next. I do have some ongoing projects, but for the most part I am always searching for what my heart longs to see. That's what it feels like when I'm riding the wave!

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

I really like your abstract backgrounds ALOT! and you palette is really fun Marie!
Has it stopped snowing yet? we are already melting and will probably be gone tomorrow! I love VISITING snow!