
Collaborate with nature:
Take love and offer it to the wind.
Bundle handmade papers,
a book cover and gauze, twine it
to the scrub oak, a new friend.
Watch it dance through February.
Trust bold winter spirits to whip and crack,
rust and fade, disintegrate
your gift into a new perfection.
Wait until May, then bring it inside.
Notice the signatures of snow and ice.
Warm these blessed materials in your heart.

In August assemble them again
and make a masterpiece.

Stitch to denim the call of ravens,
the gossip of squirrels,
the pad of the bobcat and fox.

Bind to this a geology of your soul:
a mix of culture and ancestry,

between covers

hurt and healing, family and work,
the longing to leave a mark, all your loves.
Sew layer upon layer of tangible truth:
that we are all a collective of body and spirit,
season and dream.

Hold your transformed treasure.
Feel what has been given back to you.
Smile.
This blog was inspired by Seth's Disintegration Project at The Altered Page. (In fact, I consider him to be the godfather of Cinnamon Studio!) I love my Disco fabric book! Love to hold it and look through the pages. Thanks so much Seth!
28 comments:
absolutely gorgeous Marie, I just love it and your presentation was wonderful, thanks so much! cat
I love the way you have been inspired by the Disintegration project. Wonderful images of your book!
love the way you sew your book.
thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment :)
simply love the book pages wonderful!
What a gift you have....awesome!
Excellent Disco...and sentiments.
Wow, this is lovely!
Exquisite! I'm very inspired by what you created and by your words.
Lovely
A lovely book accompanied by beautiful words.
Gossip of Squirrels - perfect for what they do all day. Lovely post. Thank you!
I love it! I love your descriptions and your beautiful book, It would be wonderful to hold it in my hands and feel its weight and turn the pages slowly and enjoy it!
Beautiful!
Hey Everybody who commented here!
Today was such fun, looking through the blogs, leaving comments here & there. I so appreciated everyone who took the time to leave some words of appreciation behind! Thank you all!
I love all the freyed edges and pieces of string. You've incorporated everything beautifully!
marie!!! such perfect and heartfelt words....i must write more....you've captured the essence of your experience, and the outcome repeats it all visually....wonderful
Hi, thanks for visiting me. I love your book.
But I also love your sentiments about your book! Very Inspiring!
Happy Creating
Melissa Gilham
Oh my goodness, this is just wonderful work. The DisCo journal. It is amazing and the words you use are fantastic too.
beautiful....love the words too
Such beautiful work! Amazing! :)
What a beautiful post- and a stunning project you've created with your bundle. It's so poetic and the words which you've written to go along with your book are so expressive. Love the line-" Sew layer upon layer of tangible truth:that we are all a collective of body and spirit, season and dream.You've created such a beautiful tapestry. Thanks for visiting my link as well. So glad for Seth's project to bring so many people together!
absolutely gorgeous! and i love your prose as well.
What a fabulous textural piece. I have a strong urge to touch and feel with this piece. Love the layering of the elements. Thank you so much for sharing!
o o o this is fabulous! such a textural looking feast to experience in person...wish i could touch it
but a feast for the eyes too!
This looks absolutely great
Wonderful "before" AND "after"!!!
What a wonderful post about your piece...from beginning to end! And, it turned out beautiful...the colors, the sewing~~~and the LAYERS! Your book is inspiring =)
Post a Comment